Yingying ZHANG, Associate Professor
Dr. Zhang received her Ph.D. degree in chemistry from Peking University in 2007. From Jun. 2008 to Jun. 2011, she worked in Los Alamos National Laboratory (USA) as a postdoctoral research associate. She joined the Center for Nano and Micro Mechanics (CNMM) in Tsinghua University as an associate professor in July of 2011.
She has been working on engineering of nanomaterials and nanostructures since she was a PhD student. Her research is mainly in the field of synthesis and applications of carbon nanomaterials. Her research results include: 1) Investigated the effect of catalysts pretreatment on the growth of vertical aligned CNT arrays and realized the controlled growth of spinnable CNT arrays (enabling the drawing of continuous CNT yarns and ribbons from the array); 2) Demonstrated the fabrication and unique properties of composites with aligned CNTs, including transparent stretchable conductor CNT/PDMS film and superconducting CNT/carbides; 3) Investigated Raman spectrum variation and electronic band-gap engineering along axial direction of individual SWNTs induced by substrate-nanotube interaction; 4)Demonstrated the remarkable laser heating effect on suspended SWNTs and the diameter/chirality-dependence of temperature effect on the Raman Radical Breathing Modes of individual SWNTs.
She has authored more than 30 peer-reviewed scientific journal papers, 10 presentations on international conferences and 3 patents. She also serves as a reviewer for more than 20 international journals, including Nature Nanotechnology, Advanced Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Carbon et al.
1. Controlled synthesis, assembly, heterostructures and composites of 1D and 2D nanocarbon materials (including single/multi-walled carbon nanotubes and graphene);
2. Mechanical and electrical properties of nanocarbon materials for nanodevice applications.
Journal Papers（* indicates corresponding anthor）：
1) R.F. Zhang, Z.Y. Ning, Y.Y. Zhang*, Q.S. Zheng, Q. Chen, H.H. Xie, Q. Zhang, W.Z. Qian, F. Wei*;“Macroscale Superlubricity in Centimeters Long Double-walled Carbon Nanotubes” Nature Nanotechnology, DOI: 10.1038/NNANO.2013.217.
2) R.F. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang*, Q. Zhang, H.H. Xie, W.Z. Qian, F. Wei*; “Schulz-Flory Distribution Controlled Growth of Half-meter Long Carbon Nanotubes with Ultralow Catalyst Deactivation”ACS Nano 7, 6156-6161 (2013).
3) R.F. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang*, Q. Zhang, H.H. Xie, H.D. Wang, J.Q. Nie, Q. Wen, F. Wei* “Optical Visualization of Individual Ultralong Carbon Nanotubes by Deposition of TiO2 Nanoparticles”Nature Communications 4, 1727 (2013).
4) Y.G. Jin, Y.Y. Zhang*, Q. Zhang, R.F. Zhang, P. Li, W.Z. Qian, F. Wei*; “Multiwall carbon nanotube-based carbon/carbon composites with three-dimensional network structures” Nanoscale 5 (13), 6181 - 6186（2013）
5) R.F. Zhang, Z.Y. Ning, Y.Y. Zhang*, H.H. Xie, Q. Zhang, W.Z. Qian, Q. Chen*, F. Wei*; “Facile Manipulation of Individual Carbon Nanotubes Assisted by Inorganic Nanoparticles” Nanoscale 5 (14), 6584 – 6588 (2013)
6) Q. Zhang, J.Q.Huang, W.Z. Qian, Y.Y. Zhang, F.Wei*; “The Road for Nanomaterials Industry: A Review on Carbon Nanotube Production, Post-Treatment, and Bulk Applications for Composite and Energy Storage” Small 9, 1237-1265 (2013). (Invited Review)
7) P. Li, Y.C. Zong, Y.Y. Zhang*, M.M. Yang, R.F. Zhang, S.Q. Li, F. Wei*; “In-situ fabrication of depth-type hierarchical CNT/quartz fiber filters for high efficiency filtration of sub-micron aerosols and high water repellency” Nanoscale 5, 3367- 3372 (2013).
8) H.H. Xie, R.F. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang*, P Li, Y.G. Jin, F. Wei*; “Growth of high-density parallel arrays of ultralong carbon nanotubes with catalysts pinned by silica nanospheres” Carbon 52, 535 (2013).
9) R.F. Zhang, H.H. Xie, Y.Y. Zhang*, Q. Zhang, Y.G. Jin, P. Li, W.Z. Qian, F. Wei*; “The reason for the low density of horizontally aligned ultralong carbon nanotube arrays” Carbon 52, 232 (2013).
10) N. Haberkorn*, Y. Y. Zhang, J. Kim, T.M. McCleskey, A. K. Burrell, R.F. Depaula, T. Tajima, Q.X. Jia, L. Civale, “Upper critical magnetic field and vortex-free state in very thin epitaxial MoN films grown by polymer-assisted deposition” Superconducting Science and Technology 26, 105023, (2013).
11) Y.Y. Zhang, J. Zhang*; “Application of Resonance Raman Spectroscopy in the Characterization of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes”(共振增强拉曼光谱技术在单壁碳纳米管表征中的应用) ACTA CHIMICA SINICA (化学学报) 70(22), 2293-2305 (2012) (Invited Review).
12) X.H. Yu, J. Z. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang, L.P. Wang, Y.S. Zhao*; “Comparative studies of yield strength and elastic compressibility between nanocrystalline and bulk cobalt” J. Appl. Phys. 111, 113506 (2012).
13) Y.Y. Zhang*, F. Ronning, K. Gofryk, H. Wang, M. Zhuo, J. H. Lee, N. A. Mara, Y. T. Zhu, Q. X. Jia*; “Aligned carbon nanotubes sandwiched in epitaxial NbC film for enhanced superconductivity” Nanoscale 4, 2268 (2012).
14) X.L. Li,* J.H. Cho, N. Li, Y.Y. Zhang, D. Williams, S.A. Dayeh, and S. T. Picraux*; “Carbon nanotube-enhanced growth of silicon nanowires as an anode for high-performance lithium ion batteries” Adv. Energy Mater. 2, 87 (2012).
15) Y.Y. Zhang*, N.F. Haberkorn, F. Ronning, H. Wang, M. Zhuo, C. Li, J.H. Lee, K.J. Blackmore, E. Bauer, A.K. Burrell, T.M. Mccleskey, M.E. Hawley, R.K. Schulze, T. Tajima, Q.X. Jia*; “Epitaxial superconducting δ-MoN film Grown by a chemical solution method” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133,20735 (2011)
16) G. Zou*, H. Luo, S. Baily, Y.Y. Zhang, N.F. Haberkorn, J. Xiong, E. Bauer, T. Mccleskey, A. Burrell, L.Civale, Y. T. Zhu, J. L. Macmanus-Driscoll, Q. X. Jia*; “Highly aligned carbon nanotube forests coated by superconducting NbC”; Nature Communications 2, 428 (2011).
17) W. Liu*, X.H. Zhang, G, Xu, P.D. Bradford, X. Wang, H.B. Zhao, Y.Y. Zhang, Q.X. Jia, F.G. Yuan, Q.W. Li*, Y.P. Qiu, Y.T. Zhu*; “ Producing superior composites by winding carbon nanotubes onto a mandrel under a poly(vinyl alcohol) spray”, Carbon 49, 4786-4791 (2011).
18) X.L. Li, J. Thompson, Y.Y. Zhang, C. Brady, G.F. Zou, N. Mack, D. Williams, J. Duque, Q.X. Jia, S.K. Doorn*; “Efficient Synthesis of Tailored Magnetic Carbon Nanotubes via a Noncovalent Chemical Route” Nanoscale 3, 668-673 (2011).
19) Y.Y. Zhang*, C.J. Sheehan, J.Y. Zhai, G.F Zou, H.M Luo, J. Xiong, Y.T. Zhu, Q.X. Jia*; “Polymer-embedded carbon nanotube ribbons for stretchable conductors” Adv. Mater. 22, 3027 (2010).
20) H.B. Zhao, Y.Y. Zhang, P.D. Bradford, Q. Zhou, Q.X. Jia, F.G Yuan*, Y.T. Zhu*; “Carbon Nanotube Yarn Strain Sensors” Nanotechnology 21, 305502 (2010).
21) G.F. Zou*, H. Luo, Y.Y. Zhang, J. Xiong, Q.M. Wei, M.J. Zhuo, J.Y. Zhai, H.Y. Wang, D. Williams, N. Li, E. Bauer, X.H. Zhang, T.M. McCleskey, Y.R. Li, A.K. Burrell, Q.X. Jia*; “A chemical solution approach for superconducting and hard epitaxial NbC films” Chemical Communications 46, 7837(2010).
22) G.F. Zou*, M. Jain, H. Yang, Y.Y. Zhang, D. Williams, Q.X. Jia*; “Recyclable and electrically conducting carbon nanotube composite films” Nanoscale 2, 418 – 422 (2010).
23) Y.Y. Zhang*, G.F. Zou, S.K. Doorn, H. Htoon, L. Stan, M.E. Hawley, C.J. Sheehan, Y.T. Zhu, Q.X. Jia*; “Tailoring the morphology of carbon nanotube arrays: from spinnable forests to undulating foams” ACS Nano 3, 2157 (2009).
24) Y.Y. Zhang*, L. Stan, P. Xu, H.L. Wang, S.K. Doorn, H. Htoon, Y.T. Zhu, Q.X. Jia*; “A double-layered carbon nanotube array with super-hydrophobicity” Carbon 47, 3332 (2009).
25) G.Y Xie, J. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang, Y.Y Zhang, T. Zhu, Z.F. Liu*; “Fabrication of Metal Suspending Nanostructures by Nanoimprint Lithography (NIL) and Isotropic Reactive Ion Etching (RIE)” Sci. China Ser. E-Technol. Sci. 52, 1181, (2009).
26) Y.Y. Zhang, L.M. Xie, J. Zhang*, Z.Y. Wu, Z.F. Liu*; “Temperature coefficients of Raman frequency of individual single-walled carbon nanotubes” J. Phys. Chem. C 111, 14031 (2007).
27) Y.Y. Zhang, H. Son, J. Zhang*, J. Kong, Z.F. Liu*; “Laser heating effect on Raman spectra of individual suspended single-walled carbon nanotubes” J. Phys. Chem. C 111, 1988 (2007).
28) Y.Y. Zhang, H. Son, J. Zhang*, M.S. Dresselhaus, J. Kong, Z.F. Liu*; “Raman spectra variation of partially suspended individual single-walled carbon nanotubes” J. Phys. Chem. C 111, 1983 (2007).
29) H. Son, G.G. Samsonidze, J. Kong*, Y.Y. Zhang, X.J. Duan, J. Zhang, Z.F. Liu, M.S. Dresselhaus; “Strain and friction induced by van der Waals interaction in individual single walled carbon nanotubes” Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 253113 (2007).
30) Y. Wu, Z. Zhou, X. Yang, M. Xiao, Q. Luo, J. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang, Y. Yao; “Microfabrication of single-wall carbon nanotube one-dimensional unit” Indian J. Pure & Ap. Phy. 45, 368 (2007).
31) G. Luo, G.Y. Xie, Y.Y. Zhang, G.M. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang, P. Carlberg, T. Zhu*, Z.F. Liu; “Scanning probe lithography for nanoimprinting mould fabrication” Nanotechnology 17, 3018 (2006).
32) Y. Wu, Z. Zhou*, X. Yang, Y.Y. Zhang, M. Xiao, J. Zhang, J. Li;“Microfabrication of single-wall carbon nanotube one dimensional unit” IEEE Sensors 1-3, 896 (2006).
33) Y.Y. Zhang, J. Zhang*, H. Son, J. Kong, Z.F. Liu*; “Substrate-induced Raman frequency variation for single-walled carbon nanotubes” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 127, 17156 (2005).
34) Y.Y. Zhang, J. Zhang*, G. Luo, X. Zhou, G.Y. Xie, T. Zhu, Z.F. Liu*; “Fabrication of silicon-based multilevel nanostructures via scanning probe oxidation and anisotropic wet etching” Nanotechnology 16, 422 (2005).
35) L.Y. Jiao, H.J. Gao, G.G. Zhang, G.Y. Xie, X. Zhou, Y.Y. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang, B. Gao, G. Luo, Z.Y. Wu, T. Zhu, J. Zhang, Z.F. Liu*, S.C. Mu, H.F. Yang, C.Z. Gu; “Fabrication of metallic nanostructures by negative nanoimprint lithography” Nanotechnology 16, 2779 (2005).
36) X.C. Yu, R. Zhang, H.L. Peng, Y.Y. Zhang, Z.F. Liu*; “The dependence of threshold voltage on pulse duration for DPA(TCNQ)2” Acta Phys.-Chim. Sin. 20, 561 (2004).
37) X.C. Yu, R. Zhang, H.L. Peng, Y.Y. Zhang, Z.F. Liu*; “Influence of decomposition temperature on the threshold voltage for a series of charge transfer complexes” Acta Phys.-Chim. Sin. 20, 565 (2004).
38) X.C. Yu, R. Zhang, H.L. Peng, C.B. Ran, Y.Y. Zhang, Z.F. Liu*;“Thermochemical hole burning on DPA(TCNQ)2 and MEM(TCNQ)2 charge transfer complexes using a scanning tunneling microscope” J. Phys. Chem. B 108, 14800 (2004).
Yejing Building, Room 510, Tsinghua University
Beijing, 100084, China
Tel (Office): 86-10-6279-8503