Luming Shen Senior Lecturer
School of Civil Engineering
The University of Sydney
Luming received his Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Tongji University in China and his Ph.D. degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in USA. He was a structural engineer (building structures design) in Shanghai Research Institute of Building Sciences, China, from April 1997 to August 1999. Prior to joining Monash University as Lecturer in January 2006, he was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He joins us at The University of Sydney as Senior Lecturer in July 2008.
• Computational mechanics
• Nano-mechanics and materials
• Molecular dynamics
• Impact engineering
• High strain rate testing
• High performance computing
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., Molecular Dynamics Study of the Specimen Size and Imperfection Effects on the Failure Responses of Multi-Nanobar Structures, Accepted by International Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering, March 2009.
• Shen, L., A rate-dependent damage/decohesion model for simulating glass fragmentation under impact using the material point method, Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 49(1), 23-45, 2009.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., An Investigation of Combined Size, Rate and Thermal Effects on the Material Properties of Single Crystal Diamond, International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, 34(1/2), 111-130, 2009.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., A Numerical Study of the Imperfection Effect on Ultrananocrystalline Diamond Properties under Different Loading Paths and Temperatures, Composites Science and Technology, 69(13), 2075-2080, 2009.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., A Study of Mechanical Properties of Pure and Nitrogen-Doped Ultrananocrystalline Diamond Films under Various Loading Conditions, International Journal of Solids and Structures 46(3-4), 811-823, 2009.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., Loading History Effect on Size-Dependent Shear Strength of Pure and Nitrogen-Doped Ultrananocrystalline Diamond, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, 16 (7), pp. 504 – 515, 2009.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., The Loading History and Crystal Orientation Effects on the Size-Dependency of Single Crystal Diamond Properties, Computational Mechanics, 42(4), pp. 619-629, 2008.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., A Numerical Study of Combined Rate, Size and Thermal Effects on the Responses of Ultrananocrystalline Diamond, Key Engineering Materials, vols. 334-335, pp. 621-624, 2007.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., A Study of the Loading Path and Crystal Orientation Effects on Size-Dependent Limit Strength, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 74(7), pp. 1190-1202, 2007.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., An Investigation of Grain Size and Nitrogen-Doping Effects on the Mechanical Properties of Ultrananocrystalline Diamond Films, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Volume 44, Issue 10, pp. 3379-3392, 2007.
• Chen, Z., Shen, L., Dai, H.-H. and Gan, Y., Recent Efforts in Modelling Combined Rate, Size and Thermal Effects on Single Crystal Strength, Reviews on Advanced Materials Science, vol. 13, pp. 27-32, 2006.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., Study of Combined Temperature, Rate and Size Effects on Tungsten Crystalline Block Strength, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part N, Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanosystems, vol. 219, No. 3, pp. 111-122, 2006.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., A Numerical Study of the Size and Rate Effects on the Mechanical Response of Single Crystal Diamond and UNCD Films, International Journal of Damage Mechanics, vol. 15(2), pp. 169-195, 2006.
• Chen, Z., Shen, L., Gan, Y. and Fang, H. E., A Hyper-Surface for the Combined Loading Rate and Specimen Size Effects on the Material Properties, International Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering, vol. 3(4), pp. 451-461, 2005.
• Chen, Z., Shen, L., Mai, Y.-W., Shen, Y., A Bifurcation-Based Decohesion Model for Simulating the Transition from Localization to Decohesion with the MPM, Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik (ZAMP), vol.56, no.5, pp.908-930, 2005.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., A Multi-Scale Simulation of Tungsten Film Delamination from Silicon Substrate, International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol.42, no.18-19, pp.5036-5056, 2005.
• Shen, L. and Chen, Z., A Silent Boundary Scheme with the Material Point Method for Dynamic Analyses, CMES-Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, vol.7, no.3, pp.305-320, 2005.
Phone: +61 2 9351 2126
Fax: +61 2 9351 3343