Yuli Chen Associate Professor
Dr. Yuli Chen is currently an associate professor at Beihang University in China. She got her Master and PhD degrees majored in mechanics from Tsinghua University in 2008. She spent about three years, from 2008 to 2011, working as a postdoctoral researcher in Prof. Somnath Ghosh's group at the Ohio State University in the United States. Then she returned to China and joined the faculty of Institute of Solid Mechanics, Beihang University in 2011. Her research interests include the mechanical properties of carbon nanotube systems, nano- and micro- structural composites,and multiple scales simulation method.
Nano and Micro Mechanics
Recent Publications, Presentations and Events
1. Yuli Chen, Yajun Yin, Bin Liu and Keh-Chih Hwang. Super Carbon Nanotube: Its Concept, Geometric Conservation Laws and Mechanical Properties. Leading Edge Nanotechnology Research Developments (Chapter 12). Nova Science Publishers, Inc. NY, USA. ISBN: 1-60021-900-4.
2. Yuli Chen, Bin Liu, Jian Wu, Yonggang Huang, Hanqing Jiang and Keh-Chih Hwang. Mechanics of Hydrogen Storage in Carbon Nanotubes. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 2008, 56(11): 3224-3241.
3. Yuli Chen, Bin Liu, Xiaoqiao He, Yonggang Huang and Keh-Chih Hwang. Failure Analysis and the Optimal Toughness Design of Carbon Nanotube-Reinforced Composites. Composites Science and Technology, 2010, 70(9):1360-1367.
4. Yuli Chen, Bin Liu, Keh-Chih Hwang and Yonggang Huang. A Theoretical Evaluation of Load Transfer in Multi-wall Carbon Nanotubes. Carbon, 2011, 49(1):193-197.
5. Yuli Chen, Bin Liu, Yajun Yin, Yonggang Huang and Keh-Chih Hwang. Nonlinear Deformation Processes and Damage Modes of Super Carbon Nanotubes with Armchair-armchair Topology. Chinese Physics Letters, 2008, 25 (7): 2577-2580.
6. Yuli Chen, Yajun Yin, Yonggang Huang and Keh-Chih Hwang. Atomistic Simulations of the Nonlinear Deformation and Damage modes of Super Carbon Nanotubes. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2009, 6(1): 41-45.
7. Yuli Chen, Bin Liu and Yonggang Huang. Fractal mechanics of hydrogen storage in the bundle of carbon nanotubes. Engineering Mechanics, 2009, 26 (10): 14-22.
8. Yuli Chen, Bin Liu, Yonggang Huang and Keh-Chih Hwang. Fracture Toughness of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Metal- and Ceramic- Matrix Composites. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2011: 746029.
9. Yajun Yin, Yuli Chen, Jie Yin and Kezhi Huang. Geometric Conservation Laws for Perfect Y-branched Carbon Nanotubes. Nanotechnology, 2006, 17(19):4941-4945.
10. Zuoqi Zhang, Bin Liu, Yuli Chen, Hanqing Jiang, Keh-Chih Hwang and Yonggang Huang. Mechanical Properties of Functionalized Carbon Nanotubes. Nanotechnology, 2008, 19(39):395702.
11. Bin Liu, Zuoqi Zhang, and Yuli Chen. Atomistic Statics Approaches -- Molecular Mechanics, Finite Element Method and Continuum Analysis. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2008, 5(9): 1891-1913.
12. Yuli Chen and Somnath Ghosh. Micromechanical Analysis of Strain Rate-Dependent Deformation and Failure in Composite Microstructures under Dynamic Loading Conditions. (Submitted)